With more than 20 years of experience and over 900 transactions in the Dallas Real Estate market, Alan Smith has a proven record of providing exceptional customer service for his clients. It's no wonder he has been selected as one of D Magazine's Best Residential Real Estate Agents in Dallas. Employing his vast knowledge of both the local and national markets, Alan ensures success for his clients in both the selling and buying process. He understands all facets of real estate, including both the emotional and financial aspects, working in tandem with his clients to understand their unique priorities and goals.
Alan has the heart of a teacher, earning the trust and loyalty of his clients with ease. Whether his client is buying their first home, a repeat client buying their third home, or a grandmother selling her family home, they readily provide testimonials and referrals. Alan is a REALTOR® who puts the interest of his clients first and it shows.
While he specializes in the Lakewood/East Dallas area (his home of more than 3 decades), Alan ensures he has knowledge of the local, Dallas, and national real estate markets. Some of the ways he keeps his edge, stays connected, and informed include:
- Member MetroTex Association of REALTORS® since 1991
- Director, Board of Directors 2017-2018
- Chair, REALTORS® in Action 2017
- Co-Chair, Curriculum Committee Leadership Academy 2017
- Ambassador, New Professional Entrepreneurial Series 2017
- Vice-Chair, REALTORS® in Action 2016
- Member, MetroTex Association of REALTORS, Tornado Task Force Ad Hoc
- Nominee, Ebby Halliday Community Service Award 2016
- Nominee, Easterwood Cup Award 2014
- Graduate, MetroTex Association of REALTORS®, Leadership Academy 2012
- Mentor, UT Dallas Power of Two Management Mentor Program
- Member, Greater East Dallas Chamber of Commerce
- Volunteer, North Texas Food Bank
It's not all work for Alan, though. Over the past several years, he's studied Spanish and Improv Comedy, and he's given of his time and money to help make Dallas an even better place to live. He enjoys traveling and spending time with his partner Scott and their Aussiedoodle, Claire.